Popular Posts

27 January 2014

Oh the toes!

The toes I have managed to step on, stomp on, wrangle and drive my stiletto heel right through with the sharpness of my tongue and the quick of my temper in recent weeks. I really ought to work on that. I'm trying. Really.

Really, I am the first to admit - I have a trying personality. I believe in the doing of things correctly. This is not always easy to live with. All things. Journalism (not that I am one - just trying to help cut through the crap and give us the news, not the tabloid version), grammar - (pot = kettle/black) at the best of times.

I don't so much as strive for perfection - just to be understood, and agreed with occasionally. But I don't need to be agreed with - just to be heard.

My sense of humor could use some work, as could my remembering that other people have lives that don't coincide with mine - definitely could use some work - that bit. I overthink things, and always end up blaming myself if I feel just in doing so. Which is most of the time.

I made an error of comic judgement today. It wound up with me being threatened with someone telling me I had five minutes to correct the GIGANTIC error of my ways, or the wrath of facebook and it's 300 followers was about to rain down upon my head. Turns out the sender of such a missive was feeling a little cranky.

You know what? So am I. I'm cranky too. I'm cranky about a lot of things. Shark culls in WA for one thing. Legalisation of synthetic cannabinoids and synthetic opiates for sale in NZ without a safety net being put in place for horrors that pretty little decision is about to unleash upon a society that as we know has struggled in vain against the tide of methamphetamine useage - on equal to some parts of the US. And this is a country - an entire country with a population of 4.5mill. On the day of the legislation for the legal sale of these shitty drugs went on sale - queues of people lining up for their fix went around the block in many small towns.

I'm cranky that the leader of the opposition in NZ - David Cunliffe - could not answer an email I sent him asking about this decision and what he was going to do about legislating for all those with hormonal imbalances, poor genetic defences in terms of addiction and those who just need a little help from the wrong friend to sink in to full blown unmanageable psychosis. Finally he answers me today to tell me that he hadn't received the emails. Strangely - I sent it to his facebook page. Which I know he updates regularly.

Three times I emailed him asking for a response. When he invited me to his State of The Nation Speech online - only then did I get a reply to my 'decline' until you answer my questions first. That makes me cranky.

In balance - the things that make me happy is that while I've recently experienced a stroke of sorts, I still have my wherewithall to type all of these words. That I am surrounded by people who love and care for me and put up with my need to put things to right.

Writing and putting things to right for now is my outlet, I can't work - so I write. A lot. And right where best I can.







1 comment:

Kay said...

In defence of David Cunliffe - and only cos it's a Facebook issue - unless you're a "friend" most messages go into an Other Box .. and may not appear. With any MP, best to email name.name@parliament.govt.nz