Popular Posts

19 February 2014

Food for thought...

I've just read this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/not-the-marrying-kind-a-modern-girls-guide-to-sex-and-love-9137143.html.

I'd have to say agree on the whole until the bit about allowing my husband-to-be to sleep with other women, that would break my heart. I could not bear him sharing that close bond with anyone but me.

I believe entirely in allowing his freedoms to pursue whatever interests he wishes, and he has the right to say - I don't feel like going to a girlfriends birthday if that's how he feels. I don't own him, I can't demand that he does what I want to do - he is a seperate person to me - we love each other, and above all else - that means wanting the other person to be happy. In whatever form that takes.

I couldn't bear his coming with me if he didn't want to be there - if it was me and he'd insisted I went somewhere I didn't wish to go - Id be looking for a fork to stick in my eye - so why expect the same of him. My girlfriends have met him, they like him and not a one of them would be offended if he chose to watch a footy game, catch up with his mates or just spend a night at home enjoying having some rare time to himself.

He works hard, he's earnt the right to do whatever it is that makes him happy, and as his closest and best admirer - I'd do anything to make sure he was happy.

Except for robbing a bank - no sir - I'd probably baulk at that and stomp my foot and refuse, and tell him to do it his bloody self!

No comments: